Thus far, she has learned:
- What a MOOC is
- A little bit about tagging and sharing
- About the following tools for teacher productivity and managing student progress: edmodo, dropbox, evernote, moodle,
- About the wonderful universe of cloud tools.
- About the plethora of options for younger students to use ipads for everything educational
- How To:
- How to form a group using Google group
- How to use google reader to read updated shared information
- How to create and maintain a blog
- How to create a video (and about reflector)
- How to tweet and use Tweedeck to track the whole mess
- How to use livetext for submitting assignments and receiving feedback
- How to use diigo
- How to use wikispaces (wikis)
- How to locate learning style inventory online instruments
Am I able to put all this together to improve instruction and create successful differentiated learning opportunities for students? Yes, with practice.
How I would implement these tools to allow students to self-assess, to set and track goals, to analyze student differences, and to manage formative and summative assessment, have been elaborated on in this wiki page.